Harness the Power of Array Formulas
Half Day Course
Array formulas are a little known tool in Excel which work on arrays of data rather than individual cells or ranges, and allow users to make calculations that would otherwise be impossible with ordinary formulas. They can perform multiple discrete calculations in a single cell or return results to multiple cells. For example, an array formula can be used to round off totals or subtotals, a feat that is impossible to accomplish with an ordinary formula. Don't miss this opportunity to harness the power of array formulas to improve your analytical abilities in Excel.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain array formulas and how they differ from ordinary formulas
- Identify an array formula from the formula bar
- Compose array formulas from the keyboard
- Understand how to make calculations based on conditions
- Identify how to extract data from a range or table using an array formula
- Understand the power of using array formulas in rolling reports
- Discover when other Excel tools could be used instead of array formulas
- Describe common accounting situations where array formulas would be useful in reporting
- CPE credit: Recommended for 3.5 hours
- Instructional delivery method: Group-live demo and discussion using color computer projection – this course is “laptop friendly,” so feel free to bring your laptop equipped with Excel 2007 or above
- Prerequisites: Fundamental understanding of Excel
- Program level: Advanced
- Advance preparation: None
- Designed for: Accountants and other professionals who want to use the power of Excel Array Formulas to make calculations that would otherwise be impossible with ordinary formulas.
- Who should attend: Experienced Excel users who want to enhance their knowledge of advanced calculations
Note: This course will be taught in Excel 2016. Reference will be made to the differences between Excel 2016 and Excel 2013, 2010 and 2007.
Harness the Power of Array Formulas - Dates & Locations
1 March 2017
CPA British Columbia